Friday, July 8, 2011

Elimination Nation

Friday Notes

View From The Racetrack Grandstand gives us a good look at the eliminations for The Meadowlands Pace on Saturday, as well as The Yonkers Trot and The Hudson Filly Trot.  The Masters Stakes from Georgian Downs is also this weekend and it allows the 4-Year-Olds to compete for some good coin!

Pull The Pocket introduced me to Bob Baffert's Twitter account a couple days ago, and outside of the fact that his user name is Midnight Lute (Thought for sure it would have been Silver Charm), AND that his photo is an egg...*scratches head*...One tweet that he posted really caught my attention:



*  A couple of days ago I blogged about trying to use "Personal Synchronicity" as a way to pick horses that will end up ITM in a race.  Personal Synchronicity occurs when an external concept ties up with something that is only relevant to you or your close circle at that time.  So while I was typing the blog, the Stompin' Tom song came on, "The Good Old Hockey Game".  I pulled up the entries of my local racetrack and decided to bet on the 7 horse, Heshoots Hescores......well, when it came to post time, I come to find out that Heshoots Hescores decided to SCRATCH -- (VET-SICK)..!!!  Ok, did I do that with my stupid Synchronicity??  Geesh I hope not!  Anyways, I think I'll stick to making my picks based on other concepts, unless I win a $16,000 $1 superfecta using Synchronicity, then we'll talk! 

*  Kentucky Derby winner, Animal Kingdom, had a successful surgery repairing a hairline slab fracture and is expected to be back on the track in 90 days.

Leading Trotters:



Leading Pacers:



Good luck to all this weekend!


Stay safe, keep your hooves on the ground, and keep reaching for the wire!

No comments:

Post a Comment