Tuesday, July 5, 2011

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears??


Today's blog post is basically a b#$ch fest because I cannot believe how much money is being spent on trying to detect illegal drugs in the racing industry.  STOP CHEATING, damnit!  My blog friend at View From The Racetrack Grandstand posted about how the industry now has to come up with at least $100,000 to try and detect ONE drug, yes, you heard me right, ONE FREAKIN' DRUG!  Go on, read his blog post, I'll wait.

We CANNOT and SHOULD NOT have to keep dumping this type of negative cash flow into our industry.  I know, I know, I get the fact that someone has to be the watchdog, and the Racing Medication & Testing Consortium are doing their best, but they're pulling their hair out trying to detect the next best ILLEGAL wonderdrug.  Seriously, they're shoving crap into horses that unless you were a chemistry major from MIT, you wouldn't know what the hell it was.  I can't even pronounce half the stuff on the recent ruling list.  Honestly though, that money could be spent elsewhere in order to create positive changes!  Hey, I know a toteboard at a local racetrack that's still made out of freakin' plywood, wheel some cash over there!  Similarily, ensure that the drivers, trainers, and grooms make a bit more dough, they have to make a living too you know!  Toss some funding to rescue facilities, hell, the majority of those horses that are lucky enough to make it there have been dragged through the chemistry lab as it is.  It's no wonder they end up going for meat!

Ok, off the soapbox.  Ahem.

For those that are interested, you can view the Recent Rulings on the RMTC website here.  Talk about jaw dropping.


Stay safe, keep your hooves on the ground, and keep reaching for the wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment